This UGreen M2 NVME Enclosure was useful for cloning some drives, but unfortunately, it does not dissapate heat effeciently. It gets extremely hot whenever you use it and when you remove the drive, it is absolutely roasting.
On a few occasions, I could actually smell burning as everything was overheating.
With no thermal guard or heat pad, there is a high risk that continued use of this enclosure could damage your NVME drive. This makes it extremely risky to use with expensive NVME SSDs.
Speeds are pretty good though. I was getting around 300 to 350 MB/s reading and writing with 5Gbps ports, around 600 MB/s with 10Gbps with 3.1 Gen 1 10gbps ports and around 900MB/s with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
* Easy to use
* I was able to get around 900MB/s reading and writing through the enclosure
* Provided USB Type C cable is short, but it seems good quality
* Outer shell gets ridiculously hot
* Offers no heat dissapation for the drive itself
* The plastic M2 holder inside is cheap plastic
* The plastic fastener falls off easily (though one spare is provided)
I'm reluctant to clone any more drives with this due to the risk of damaging an expensive SSD.
If you just want an enclosure to store a small number of files and access them quickly, this enclosure could prove useful, however I cannot recommend this enclosure for transferring a large volume of files due to the overheating issues.