Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website and check that they contain everything which you want and nothing that you are not willing to agree to.
Summary of some of your key rights:
By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, SI 2013/3134 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made (see below). We will give you this information in a clear and understandable way. Some of this information is likely to be obvious from the context. Some of this information is also set out in this contract, such as information on our complaint handling policy.
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that up to 14 days after receiving your goods, in most cases, you can change your mind and get a full refund. As you will note from the below terms, we have provided more generous terms than this statutory period and give you up to 30 days to change your mind.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you're entitled to the following:
- up to 14 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund;
- 15 - 45 days: if they can't be repaired or replaced, then you're entitled to BargainFox.com credit for the amount equivalent to the price you paid for the item.
This is a summary of some of your key rights. For detailed information from Citizens Advice please visit www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The above information summarises some of your key rights. It is not intended to replace the contract below which you should read carefully.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means JLI TRADING LIMITED (trading as BargainFox.com); and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
- email email@example.com (Monday to Friday: 9am to 4.30pm); or
- telephone +44 (0) 1834 818244 (Monday to Friday: 9am to 4.30 pm).
Who are we?
We are registered in England and Wales under company number: 08031626
Our registered office is at: Norchard, The Ridgeway, Manorbier, Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales, SA70 8LD
Our VAT number is: GB132656618.
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- Your privacy and personal information
- Ordering goods from us
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site by adding your order to the shopping cart. Please read and check your order carefully before proceeding to checkout and submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (e.g. when you click on the ‘pay now’ button), we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order and in such circumstances will not charge you for the goods. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the goods to you;
- you have ordered too many goods; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm your order has been shipped (Dispatch Email). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us;
- we will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you (subject to clauses 6.2 and clause 7.3 below).
- Right to cancel this contract
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 30 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire 30 days after the day you receive the goods.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). You can use the model cancellation form set out in the box below, but it is not obligatory.
To: JLI Trading Limited (trading as BargainFox.com), Unit 11-13, Thomas Court, London Road Industrial Estate, Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, Wales, SA72 4RZ (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
[*] Delete as appropriate
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you (subject to clause 5.2 below).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss has been caused by you using or handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (for example is you wear or damage the goods). If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have used or handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 21 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 21 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received goods:
- you shall send back the goods with a copy of the original order invoice to our registered office as stated above by recorded mail without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from use or handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- Unless we notify you otherwise, we use The Royal Mail to deliver our goods . If you want to see your delivery options, visit our delivery section before you place your order.
- The estimated date for delivery of the goods is set out at checkout when you place the order. Please note, the date provided is an estimate only and we will not be liable in the event that the goods are not provided by the date specified.
- If something happens which:
- is outside of our control; and
- affects the estimated date of delivery;
we will use our reasonable endeavours let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the goods.
- Delivery of the goods will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us.
- You are responsible for the goods when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take possession of the goods.
- You own the goods once we have received payment in full.
- Price and Payment
- The price of the goods will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct.
- We accept the payment for the goods through the means as specified when placing the order (for example, through MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Maestro). We do not accept cash.
- Your credit card or debit card will be charged upon placement of the order by you. Goods will not be dispatched until payment in full for the goods is received.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the ‘cooling off’ period under Clauses 5 and 6.
- The price of the goods:
- is in pounds sterling (£)(GBP);
- VAT at the applicable rate; and
- the standard delivery charge for the goods (if you select an alternative delivery option which incurs an additional fee, this fee will not be included in the price of the goods and will have to be paid by you - if you want delivery options and costs, visit our delivery section before you place your order).
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
- Nature of the Goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’), for example, the goods:
- are of satisfactory quality;
- are fit for purpose;
- match the description, sample or model; and
- are installed properly (if we install any goods).
- We must provide you with goods that comply with your legal rights.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- The images of the goods on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Your goods may vary slightly from those images. While we try to make sure that:
- all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, these may vary for some of the goods; and
- the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use.
- Any goods sold:
- at discount prices; or
- as substandard;
will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- If we can’t supply certain goods, we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
- Faulty Goods
- Your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’), are set out at the top of this contract. They are a summary of your key rights.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page, if you want:
- us to repair the goods;
- us to replace the goods;
- a price reduction; or
- to reject the goods and get a refund.
- We may end the contract if you break it
- We may end the contract for a good at any time by writing to you if:
- you do not make any payment to us when it is due;
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the goods;
- you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the goods to you.
- If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1, we will refund any money you have paid in advance for goods we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Limit on our responsibility to you
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- Unless we are unable to exclude our liability by law, our liability to you under this contract shall be limited to the value of the goods ordered to which such liability relates.
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the clauses of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Disputes and the law that applies to this contract
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with:
- the goods;
- our service to you; or
- any other matter;
please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute and if you want to take court proceedings, the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract. The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.