So its taken me nearly a year to write this review as I feel I have a fair assessment to give. I should say that I have just replaced my first fitbit inspire as the data became so unreliable. My biggest issue was with the heart rate, every else was always very good. Whilst training the heart rate would just drop off and leave gaps in the data. It came to a point where the tracker just stopped recording my heart rate. I contacted fitbit and they were extremely supportive, within a few weeks of contacting them I had a new fitbit inspire. The new one seems to be working much better than the last one. It still has the occasional data loss but this may be more an aspect of optical heart rate monitors , rather than the model. When I lost faith in the fit bit inspire I bought a Polar OH1. The polar OH1 is far better than the fitbit for heart rate monitoring, but that is all it does. I use both now and am happy with the combination. So here are a few pointers if your thinking of buying one.
1. If Heart rate is very important you are better off getting a strap monitor.
2. The Polar OH1 is a very good heart rate monitor but that is all it does.
3. The Fitbit inspire is ok at heart rate tracking, but it is affected by position on the wrist and other conditions which may lead to occasional data loss.
4. The fit bit is great for step counting, silent alarms, notifications, messages, Sleep tracking.
5. Its very light and I have it on all the time now including bed time.
In all its a good all round tracker, but don't expect it to out perform Polar for heart rate monitoring.