Fact: We ALL deserve to be pampered now and then.
I don't care how busy you are or how full your schedule is, I will NOT accept any excuses... one of the most important times of the day is 'ME TIME' and I'll not hear otherwise. As you can tell, I am the CEO of 'Me Time' and I've concluded that one of the best ways to enjoy this carefully allotted time is a hardcore pamper session... I'm looking at you too fellas.
It's obvious that I am passionate about this cause, and just becuase I care (I know, I'm a saint), I am going to share my top seven tips from my self-love Bible that make for the best pamper night..
1. First thing's first: THE MUSIC. Get your relaxing playlist of choice up, could be classical, pop or even heavy metal.. you do you, there's no judgement here. Just make sure that it's the music you listen to wind down and relax. If you're old school like me, you'll want to do it on a record player, just to be that little bit extra. If you don't know what to play, then take a browse through our collection of vinyls here.
2. Next, get into your comfys. Whether it's your fancy silk pyjamas or your birthday suit, slip into something a little more comfortable.. this is about you, remember. We have some super cosy bits and bobs here that can add to the zen vibes of it all.
Pro tip: I recommend getting the heated blanket on your bed ready for when you clock off after the pamper session to dreamland.
3. So, you're all snuggled in your fave lounge-wear, now it's time to set the scene. Pop your reed diffuser/ essential oil diffuser, or even a cute oil burner wherever you want in your home-come-spa space and fill it with the essential oil of your choice - I recommend lavender. This is essential (if you'll pardon the pun) to getting the vibe just right.
4. So, you've got the outfit right, you've got the space right... all you need to perfect the atmosphere is some good lighting. Nobody wants glaring lights blinding them when they're trying to relax. So I strongly advise that you turn down the lights and spark up some calming candles around the room.. may as well go all out seeing as we've come this far. We have some to-die-for candles here if you're stuck for ideas.
5. Sometimes you'd think I'm taking the bins out with the amount of bags I have under my eyes, so I often get to a point when enough's enough and I give them some TLC. You have to start in true Princess Diaries style with a face mask and some fresh cucumber for 5 minutes. But that's not always enough and you need to go in with the big guns and let that eye cream soak in. We have some fabulous eye creams and face masks in our Health and Beauty section.
Pro Tip: Make sure you have a seperate eye cream to your face cream, as your eyes are ever so precious and more sensitive than the rest of your face, hence why it's important you cater to their diva needs.
6. Anybody that says they don't love a bath, haven't had a proper pamper bath. Because I can tell you now, nothing soaks away the stresses of the day like singing into your showerhead along to your favourite power ballads, whilst your favourite bath oils, salts and bathbombs are doing their work of de-grubbing your body. Don't knock it before you try it. You leave that bath a whole new woman (or whatever) with a whole new lease of life.
And why stop there? Get that body scrub exfoliating away, get that handcream on and get those nails filed! You're going to love it. I can't explain in words what these little things can do for your self-esteem. You'll wake up feeling fresh and ready for whatever life has to throw at you.
7. One thing that I haven't mentioned that is oh so ever important is THE HAIR, THE HAIR, PEOPLE!
Whatever you've got going on or growing on your noggin doesn't deserve to be neglected, just like any other part of your body. No matter the length, a little dollop of hair mask goes a long way when done right.
Pro tip: Do it whilst you're in the bath or shower! Put the hair mask on, get a shower cap over it and leave it on for 10-30 minutes. It'll be glorious once you wash it out!
And whilst we're on the topic of hair.. I know a lot of you fellas have been growing the beard out during lockdown and it has become a part of your lifestyle now, doesn't mean you can't do a bit of manscaping. Give it a bit of love with some oil or trim it with one of our many amazing razors from our HUGE range!
And that is it. Those are my essential focus points and steps to be able to qualify for saying you've pampered yourself. This list is not definitive. If you're feeling zazzy go further and paint your nails, or if you're a slave to the tan dollop some on before you get your zzz. Depending on who you are, the list can be endless to continue your pamper-thon.
I just thought I'd get you started, especially as I know some of us (myself included) have put ourselves and wellbeing on the back burner through these stressful times. But things are looking up and opening up and when you're ready to face the world again, you're going to want to do it feeling like a million bucks.