If you have seen one of our Instagram Post's from our Monday Motivation series, you'll know that Bargain fox has their very own resident plant professor who has been gifted with green fingers and is responsible for keeping our indoor plants looking so fabulous. And you know what they say...
🌵 HAPPY PLANTS = HAPPY WORKPLACE 🌵
Talking to Sean, he said that getting down in the dirt and gardening during lockdown has been a great hobby to get stuck into.
And for everyone WFH, I think we can agree that nothing brings a bit of life to a room like a plant! For those who are following in his footsteps, Sean says that Bargainfox.com has some great gardening essentials in the Gardening, Garden Tools, Watering and Plant categories!.
We asked Sean for some of his top tips, and here they are:
1. "Reseach each plant and their needs as they will require different amounts of light, water and plant food".
2. "Plants should be placed where is best for them, this may not always be where you want them to be, but they will be healthier and happy when they're getting all of their needs met" - You are essentially treating your plant like your relationships!
3. "If you're using a pot that doesn't have a drainage hole, then always create a layer of two stones at the bottom of the pot which will help prevent root rot".
4. "I would always recommend adding some perlite to your soil mix, this is a cheap and effective (in true bargain fox style) way to increasing drainage".
5. Creating a solution of 1tsp Hydrogen Peroxide to 1 cup of water every now and then when watering your plants will give your plants an oxygen boost!".
So what are you waiting for? There's nothing holding you back from getting creative and building your own green paradise at home...
And for any more tips and tricks make sure to keep an eye out on our socials!