Expression of Interest - Distribution Supervisor
As a Distribution Supervisor, you will be expected to work as part of the team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
The duties of a Distribution Supervisor include:
- Always leading by example with a positive working attitude.
- Open/ lock-up buildings.
- Support Distribution Manager in daily operations of the distribution and stock facilities.
- Allocate job roles, set targets, coordinate and supervise tasks carried out by warehouse operatives.
- Ensure all orders are sent out within the deadline.
- Liaise with the Grading department in completion of tasks including restocking.
- Complete checks set each morning and throughout the day to ensure all orders are correct.
- Troubleshoot stock and order issues that arise throughout the day, cancel/refund problem orders.
- Ensure that all issues are solved by the end of each day, prepare the packing room for the following day.
Prior experience in leadership/management desirable but no essential. More important is a professional, positive attitude and the willingness to learn and tackle challenged with care and an adaptable approach.
The following personal qualities are considered desirable for this position:
- Excellent reliability and punctuality.
- A positive working attitude.
- A confident and effective leader.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Superb time and priority management.
- Self-motivated and works with initiative.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Great conflict resolution skills.
- Well-balanced delegation skills
- Commitment to customer service.
- Good literacy & numeracy.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job.
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and from work.
- 8-day variable shift pattern- 4 consecutive days on, followed by 4 consecutive days off.
- Hours will be worked in 11 or 12-hour shifts between the hours of 6am and 6pm.
- Shifts includes 1-hours’ worth of breaks, structured as: 2 X 15-minute paid breaks either side of a 30-minute unpaid lunch break.
- * Please note * You may be required to move shift team should your application be successful to accommodate the needs of the business.